Sunday, January 16, 2011

Short week, long week.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

HEALTH
Not a banner week. I know I said I would exercise 4 times but well...Actually I got sick this week. Now this doesn't happen to me very often. In fact I figure that last time I used sick time for myself was about 3 years ago. I didn't just get sick either - I got my butt handed to me. The good news is I didn't have an appetite (also only happened once about 3 years ago :) so I didn't eat much. Back to square one I guess. More exercise next week. It is good for me and I do enjoy it. Where does the time go?

TESTIMONY
In light of my battle with sickness I discovered that I am way better at "walking by faith not by sight" when my body is cooperating with me. I was a little disappointed with myself because I eventually I just gave in, rolled up in a ball and slept until I could function somewhat normally. It seems this faith walk is so much more than what I say. Not that I haven't had set backs like this before, I've just never talked about them. It occurs to me that this is part of what people mean when they say that Christians act one way in this situation but act differently in another. I suppose I have been guilty of this many times in the past. Being real and a Christian is challenging. I've learned so many phrases and rules and I really do believe most of them...

My goal here this week? Be real. Not crazy, just real. Not sure what that means. Maybe I'll know by next weekend!

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment