Saturday, February 5, 2011

Whose strength?

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
HEALTH
This has not been a good few weeks in this department.  Actually I've spent the better part of these last weeks fighting sickness - very unusual for me. I guess I really didn't know what to do, I'm a baaaaaad patient! My plan was to post a new picture this week but there is not much to show. The scale says 195 today. That is a loss of 2.5 pounds at least. Wish I had actually worked a little for that loss...I'm not really discouraged, just realizing that DOING what I know is a lot harder than saying I'm going to do what I know!

TESTIMONY
As I regroup for both of my goal areas I am meditating on this verse. 1 Timothy 4:8 Message Exercise daily in God - no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. I have realized that, in my excitement to begin something new, I have once again begun in my own strength. I have focused on how I'm going to do what I do and left out the most important piece - without Him I can do nothing. Not matter what happens, God needs to be at the top of my priority list. This above verse shows me that this is how I will succeed at both my goals for this year.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment