Sunday, February 27, 2011

Do or Die March

James1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.


HEALTH


NO PROGRESS! Do I really need to say anything else? It is so much easier to do what I've always done, even though it is not helpful or healthy. The farther I go in this adventure, the more I realize that part 1 and part 2 of my "challenge" are linked and really inseparable. I won't get any farther in my quest for health until I see progress and growth in my quest for a...


TESTIMONY

This is where I need to focus. When I focus on my weight, my exercise ( or lack thereof) I almost completely lose sight of why I am doing this in the first place. I am living Romans 7 right here folks. I'm like my own reality show:  The Real (messed up) Housewife of Vicksburg. Here is an excerpt from my life lately as written in the Message translation.  

What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise...I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.

Who says the bible isn't relevant for today? Anyone else ever feel that way? Well thank God those aren't the only verses in the bible! Here is my mission for this week - it comes from Philippians 2:13 and the Amplified translation for your reading pleasure: (Not in your own strength) for it is God who is all the while effectually at work in you - energizing and creating in you the power and desire - both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight. Now, to me, that means that God will give me the will and the desire to do what I need to do, no matter what that is. Would God really concern Himself with my eating habits, my physical fitness, my day to day life? Well let's just say I don't see any of that left out of this verse. My goal this week is to not try to do it in my own strength. What that looks like I'm not exactly sure but I believe I will be able to give you a better idea by next week!

James1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment